This coming Michaelmas Term, the CURC is honoured to announce that GB Railfreight are naming a Class 66 locomotive after the club in celebration of our 110th Anniversary at Cambridge Railway Station.
The Cambridge University Railway Club was founded as the university branch of The Railway Club in 1911. This makes the CURC the second oldest, still operational railway society in the UK. Our members have gone on to a diverse range of careers, with a number providing leadership within the railway industry.
We hope both current and former members (whether they attend regularly or have fallen out of touch) shall use this event to visit Cambridge Railway Station and mark this special anniversary with the club. The event shall be held during Week 0, further details – including the date – shall be confirmed during the summer.
Fancy a ‘mini’ plate to celebrate this occasion and honour bestowed on the CURC? We are offering a third sized plate with wooden plinth (price on enquiry). Numbers are strictly limited. If interested, please contact us by 30th June.
We are now seeking donations from members to pay for the casts, without such support, simply this event and naming honour shall not be possible.
All donations include a ticket to the naming event and generous donations includes our new and exclusive CURC enamel badge!
Please get in touch with us via the usual address with questions and fill in the following form for tickets and to make a donation, via this link.
The CURC student committee wish to thank Bob Tiller and John Smith of GB Railfreight for this honour.