The term card for Lent 2019 is as follows:
- Friday 25th January, 6pm prompt, Know-Shaw Room, Sidney Sussex College:
Geoff Marshall and Vicki Pipe (All the Stations).
- Wednesday 13th February, 6pm prompt, Queens’ College:
Sir Peter Hendy, Chairman of Network Rail.
- Wednesday 27th February, Queens’ College (6pm, room DD48)
Andy Cooper, MD of Cross Country.
- Friday 1st March, 18:00, Sidney Sussex (Knox-Shaw)
Paul Cooper, Hitachi Rail Europe.
- Tuesday 5th March, Gonville and Caius College, Green room; 20:30:
David Horne, MD of LNER.
- Wednesday 13th March, 18:00, Sidney Sussex College (Knox-Shaw room):
Tim Mulhall, CEO of Hornby
Here is a selection of past events and activities:
- Speaker meetings: In the past speakers have, among others, come from Colas Rail, Network Rail, Crossrail, South Western Railway, East West Railway Company (Varsity Line plans), High Speed Two (HS2), Direct Rail Services, Japan Railways East, GB Railfreight, Virgin Trains East Coast and Project Miller.
- Visits: To depots, signal boxes, industrial sites and other places of railway interest. Recent visits include Cambridge Signal Box, Brush Traction and London Undersround Ruslip depot, Plasser UK, Loram and Network Rail’s New Measurement Train.
- Annual Dinner, including a speech from a notable figure in the railway industry or preservation. The 2017/18 Annual Dinner took place on the Great Western Railway Pullman Dining Train.
- Termly journal Eagle, which includes news from the club and the local railway scene and offers the opportunity for members to see their articles and photos in print.
Come and try us out for free, as the CURC provides exclusive access to key railway professionals, as well as visits to key sites around the country; you might just want to become a member! Student Membership costs £10 per year or £25 for life membership. You can pay an annual membership now and upgrade to life later. If not, we charge £3 at the door for non-members, upon your third entry to a talk.
We look forward to welcoming you soon. Please follow our events here, or on Talks@Cam, or email to be signed up to our email list.