The term card for Michaelmas 2018 is as follows:
- 10th October: Pete Waterman
- 31st October: Patrick Verwer (CEO of GTR)
- 21st November: Hans-Georg Werner (DB Cargo)
- 30th November: Visit of the Eurostar Temple Mills depot
In Lent 2019 will have the following talks – more might be confirmed in the future!
- 25th Januar: Geoff Marshall (All the Stations)
- 5th February: David Horne (LNER)
- 13th February: Sir Peter Hendy (Network Rail)
Here is a selection of past events and activities:
- Speaker meetings: In the past speakers have, among others, come from Colas Rail, Network Rail, Crossrail, South Western Railway, East West Railway Company (Varsity Line plans), High Speed Two (HS2), Direct Rail Services, Japan Railways East, GB Railfreight, Virgin Trains East Coast and Project Miller.
- Visits: To depots, signal boxes, industrial sites and other places of railway interest. Recent visits include Cambridge Signal Box, Brush Traction and London Undersround Ruslip depot, Plasser UK, Loram and Network Rail’s New Measurement Train.
- Annual Dinner, including a speech from a notable figure in the railway industry or preservation. The 2017/18 Annual Dinner took place on the Great Western Railway Pullman Dining Train.
- Termly journal Eagle, which includes news from the club and the local railway scene and offers the opportunity for members to see their articles and photos in print.
Come and try us out for free, as the CURC provides exclusive access to key railway professionals, as well as visits to key sites around the country; you might just want to become a member! Student Membership costs £10 per year or £25 for life membership. You can pay an annual membership now and upgrade to life later. If not, we charge £3 at the door for non-members, upon your third entry to a talk.
We look forward to welcoming you soon. Please follow our events here, or on Talks@Cam, or email to be signed up to our email list.